The LOUIS Toolkit
The LOUIS Toolkit is the complete and affordable set of software tools for indigenous communities to use and manage their information. The main components of the LOUIS Toolkit are:
- LOUIS Assets - This is a new module in development in partnership with the First Nations Technical Services Advisory Group to provide communities with an effective solution to manage assets with integrated support for capital and spatial planning.
- LOUIS Heritage - This is a central data hub for Indigenous Knowledge information that supports photos, multimedia, text and spatial features linked together and organised as interviews and field trips to retain context.
- LOUIS Layers - This is a GIS centric module roads, houses, infrastructure, wildlife monitoring and other data.
- LOUIS Referrals - This is a spatially aware template based consultation and review tool that allows communities. This design allows communities to create process templates that match their needs and gives them the flexibility to make changes as needed.
- Mobile Support - Currently we are using GeoODK Collect for Android for field staff to download data forms for off-line line data gathering such as with site visits. We are in process of updating our mobile capabilities and will release new mobile clients in early 2018 for iOS and Android.